- Create and customize your business channel. Choose a short, descriptive channel name that tells the world what you are about, use your company’s branding, and customize the colors.
- Have some fun writing compelling titles. Include relevant keywords so your customers what content to expect.
- Remember it’s all about the viewers. Make videos short, nonscripted and engaging. For example, create a how-to demos, answer customers frequently asked questions, share tips or tricks, provide your customers with a behind-the-scenes look at your company and so much more.
- Maximize your exposure. Be sure to promote your video on other social channels. Blog it. Tweet it. Add it to your Facebook. Remember the longer folks watch it, the higher number of shares, comments and subscribers – the higher the value YouTube places on the video.
- Always have a call to action. Your biggest focus should be to capture new leads. If someone watches your vides, that is a ‘free’ lead. But only if you capture them. Having them subscribe to the channel is not enough (only worth a few cents). Instead, get their email address. Put together a free gift (can be PDF or another piece of free content). Make the first link in your description the link that goes to a landing page where they can enter their email in exchange for the free gift.
Bonus Tip: Build links to your videos, just like a website, Youtube has On-Page and Off-Page factors. You can rank high ‘inside’ Youtube by getting those views, but you are still missing out on “Organic search” traffic by not ranking your video on the first page of Google. (But that is for another blog!)
Now, are you ready to use YouTube for Business? If not, give us a call and let us help you with your social media strategy.